Quilting to me:

"In this crazy fast and furious world we live in I believe it is our responsibility to take time for ourselves, even if it is once a week or month. Doing what you love is one way slow the craziness down. I like to think I'm doing what I love."

Friday, August 16, 2013

August "Mystery Quilt" Block

August Quilt Block
 



This is the last block for the "Mystery Quilt".
 
You will need 3 fabrics for this block.
 
DARK:
 
2      6 3/4" squares
4      3" squares
 
 
MED:
 
2      6 3/4" squares
 
LIGHT:
 
2       6 3/4" squares
 
 
 
 
Using the same method as the previous blocks
for making half square triangles:
 
put 2 of the Light 6 3/4" squares with 2 of the Dark 6 3/4" squares and 2 of the Light 6 3/4" squares with 2 of the Med. 6 3/4" squares.
 
This will give you 16 Light and Dark squares
and
16 Light and Medium squares.
 
 
Lay out your squares according to the diagram.
The 4 dark squares go in the corners.
 
 
 
Now you have your 9 squares.
 
I can't wait to see all of your quilt tops once you
get them together.
 
Remember to post your quilt onto my blog or send it
to me by email so I can post it.
 
You will be entered into a drawing for a
Riley Blake Fat Quarter Pack
by doing so.
 
Thanks so much for doing my first "Mystery Quilt".
 
Happy Quilting
 


No comments:

Post a Comment