Quilting to me:

"In this crazy fast and furious world we live in I believe it is our responsibility to take time for ourselves, even if it is once a week or month. Doing what you love is one way slow the craziness down. I like to think I'm doing what I love."

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Countdown to Christmas

Countdown to Christmas
                      From Pinwheel Quilting
                             
24 Days til Christmas
Holiday Recipes

Dark Secrets

1 cup shortening
3 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
4 tablbespoons sour milk
6 1/4  cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups raisins
2 cups chopped nuts
1 cup candied fruit
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 teaspoons nutmeg
2 tablespoons bourbon

Cream together shortening and sugar, add eggs and milk.
Sift half of the flour with baking soda.
Flour the fruit and nuts with some flour and add the rest to batter, mix well.
Sift remaining flour with spices, add to batter.
Batter will be very stiff.
Add bourbonnd mix well.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Cool than  store in a cool place.  Best if made a couple weeks before Christmas.

Enjoy!
Happy Holidays,
Carol


1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I do have to get going on my holiday baking. Pat in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete