Quilting to me:

"In this crazy fast and furious world we live in I believe it is our responsibility to take time for ourselves, even if it is once a week or month. Doing what you love is one way slow the craziness down. I like to think I'm doing what I love."

Monday, September 8, 2014

Underground Railroad sew along:


Starting this month I will be doing the Underground Railroad Sampler, using the Quilt in a Day book by Eleanor Burns & Sue Bouchard. I would love for you to work along with.
This is a quilt I've been wanting to do and so excited to finally get started.

It will be very helpful if you have the book to follow along with me.  Though I will be showing ways to make the blocks so you don't have to invest in all of the rulers and templates that the book asks you to use.

I would like for you to start thinking about the fabrics you want to use. It will be exciting to see the different way the quilt will look in the different fabrics.  If you make it scrappy, in 1930's, reproduction civil war or something totally different it will be fabulous.  

Join me tomorrow for the next segment in this week long start to your quilt.

See you on Tuesday,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment