Quilting to me:

"In this crazy fast and furious world we live in I believe it is our responsibility to take time for ourselves, even if it is once a week or month. Doing what you love is one way slow the craziness down. I like to think I'm doing what I love."

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Underground Railroad


Normally when you trim a block like this you would trim 1/4" from the points. But in this case you should just square up your block to 12 1/2" .  If you have the book you can look on page 138 at the block in that quilt, you can see there is about a 1/2" all around the edge of the block of the background fabric.

I trimmed my block 1/4" from the points of the squares.  So I'm going to sew a 1 1/4" border around my block then square it up to 12 1/2".  I think it will give the same effect. 

Hope this helps you with your block and that one of these options will help get your block done.  Let me know if I can help you with your if your having problems.

Thank you Betty for helping me see the problem I was having with my block. 

Carol



No comments:

Post a Comment